This was a 72' Harbour Defence Motor Launch.
Part of an order of 33 placed on 17/01/1940.
HDML 1029 was constructed at McGruer Clynder Scotland. It was completed in September 1940.
It then served at HMS Seahawk untill 1944 when it probably went to HMS Nimrod, Campbeltown until its disposal in July 1946.
COMPLETED: SEPT'40, BY McGRUER & Co LTD, CLYNDER,
(ON GARE LOCH).
DISPOSAL: PLACED ON DISPOSAL LIST JUL'46.
TYPE: HARBOUR DEFENCE MOTOR LAUNCH. FITTED WITH A 2-POUNDER
GUN MOUTNED FOR'ARD, 4 VICKERS MGs, 1 OERLIKON, AND 8 DEPTH
CHARGES AFT OF THE BRIDGE. POWERED BY 2 GLENNIFFER DC8
DIESEL ENGINES, EACH OF 320HP. (AS AT APR'43).
UNITS: PORTSMOUTH COMMAND TRAINING / W.A. ANTI-SUBMARINE
BASED: GREENOCK, 1940. (EQUIPPING PORT).
DEVONPORT, 1940. (CREW TRAINING PORT).
PORTLAND, DEC'40 - FEB'41. (PORTSMOUTH COMMAND, TRAINING).
ARDRISHAIG, 02/03/41 - 01/10/44. ( W.A. COMMAND, A/S TRAINING).
CAMPBLETOWN, 12/11/44 - 01/01/46. ( W.A. COMMAND, A/S TRAINING).
NOTES: 25/08/41 - 29/09/41, CLYDE FOR SLIPPING AND REPAIRS.
22/06/42 - 10/08/42, CLYDE FOR REPAIRS.
02/03/43 - 20/03/43, CLYDE FOR REPAIRS TO FUEL TANKS.
26/07/43 - 30/08/43, CLYDE FOR REFIT.
29/03/44 - 26/05/44, CLYDE FOR REPAIRS AND FITTING OF A/S.
22/01/45 - 28/02/45, CLYDE FOR REFIT.
29/03/46, CLYDE FOR DE-EQUIPPING.
Many thanks to Robert Rushton for these notes.